The Confederation of Indian Industry's (CII) National Initiative Surakshit Khadya Abhiyan, CII’s Food and Agriculture Centre of Excellence (FACE) in partnership with Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is organising its Annual Flagship Event of 2021, the 16th CII Food Safety, Quality & Regulatory Digital Summit 2021 during 27, 28, 30 July, 09, 10 & 11th August 2021. The theme of the Summit is “Powering Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Programs with Next Generation Tools, Techniques and Technologies”.
Over more than a decade, this annual Summit has been providing an opportunity for Industries, National Governments, Codex & Global Development Bodies, Academia, Consumer Bodies and related stakeholders to come together with a focus on addressing the Food Safety and Regulatory Ecosystem through updates on critical and emerging opportunities and challenges. We are happy to inform that the summit has been witnessing the participation of Codex, and global development agencies as FAO and WHO, and leading scientific and technical food safety practitioners from across the world.
The Key topics of the Summit are:
This year too, the summit would provide an opportunity to learn from Global Experts and Industry Best Practices by focussing on these key technical and regulatory aspects critical to food safety and capture inputs for developing a blueprint on the Way forward for India. The key topics are:
- 27th July 2021, 1730 – 1840 hrs: Inaugural Session
- 27th July 2021, 1500 – 1715 hrs: Powering Food Safety and Quality with Next Generation Food Safety Technology, Tools and Techniques
- 28th July 2021, 1500 – 1800 hrs: Food Safety and Efficacy of Recycled Plastics for Sustainable Food Packaging
- 30th July 2021, 1500 – 1815 hrs Robust Rapid Testing and Deployment to Support Real time Action and surveillance efforts
- 09 August 2021, 1500 – 1715 hrs: Strengthening Science Based Standards and Addressing Scientific Gaps in Setting MRLs for Pesticides towards Protecting Public Health
- 10th August 2021, 15:00- 1815 hrs: Global best practices on Safety and Efficacy of Micronutrients
- 11th August 2021, 15:00- 1815 hrs: Science behind ingredients levers for product reformulation