Since 1995, the CII Centres of Excellence (CoEs) have enabled the Indian industry to gain the much-needed competitive advantage by providing specialized services like consulting, training and defining and recognizing best-in-class performance. The nine CoEs and the Centre for Digital Transformation have been created with the objective to meet the needs of industry and society through capacity and capability development, nurture experts who are skilled and trained on state of art technologies and build competitiveness of India Inc.
The CoEs work with public and private organizations to build leadership; strategize for sustainability; enhance energy efficiency and become environment friendly; improve water conservation; adopt world class practices in logistics, agriculture & manufacturing management and competence building for SMEs through the cluster approach.
The CoEs work on various themes:
- Capacity building of professionals through training programs
- Competitiveness enhancement of enterprises using advanced business tools
- Promoting sustainability, green business, energy efficiency and water management
- Providing assessment of efficiency parameters
- Recognizing and awarding best practices