Click here to Login
The COVID-19 outbreak has become a humanitarian and economic crisis and is already impacting countries with unprecedented speed and severity. The crisis has left enterprises to think about business continuity like never before and organizations are being pushed to rapidly operate in new ways and re-define business models.
During these challenging times, digital technologies are playing a significant role, in their diverse forms, and are providing solutions for addressing the current crisis and offering innovative solutions for achieving desired outputs
Government e-marketplace (GeM) is a state-of-the-art digital public procurement platform that has used technology to remove entry barriers for bonafide sellers and has created a vibrant e-marketplace with a wide range of goods and services. Such advanced technology platforms has played pivotal role in keeping the public procurement services in the time of crisis up and running. GeM has around 17 lakh products, 52,892 Transactional Value and 372,241 Service Providers on GeM.
Further as per Rule 149 of the GFR-2017, Government has made procurement of Goods and Services by Ministries/ Departments of Central and state Governments mandatory through GeM platform. Envisaged by the Government of India, under the aegis of Digital India Mission, GeM strives to keep pace with the ever-evolving technological challenges and stakeholder aspirations.
GeM has now introduced GeM 4.0, a more robust, flexible e-marketplace with an intuitive User Interface (UI) to make procurement simpler than ever.
In view of Hon’ble Prime Minister vision towards self-reliance under the “Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan” Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in partnership with GeM is organizing a high-level National Public Procurement Conclave (NPPC) 2020: Digital Exhibitions and Conferences with the theme “Technology enabled Govt Procurement -Towards efficiency, transparency, and Inclusiveness” on anniversary of GeM Establishment Day on 9 August 2020 through CII Hives Digital Platform.
NPPC brings together a host of Buyers/Sellers and the stalwarts of the industry with the massive opportunities in the Public Procurement sector. It offers opportunities to interact with more than 900 buyers/sellers across sectors along with more than 400+ Public Procurement Managers from different Governments Departments and PSUs across different states and Union Territory.
Conclave Key Highlights -
- Digital Inaugural Session with High Officials from Ministry of Commerce and Industry GOI and GeM Team.
- Digital National Seminar on GeM
- Digital Training and Technical Session on GeM Features and New Developments
- Digital Panel Sessions on role of MSMEs, Start-ups, Womaniya, Handicrafts, Artisans and Information Technology, Defence and Railways Office furniture and Banking & financial Institutions in Public Procurement
- Special Sessions on Services on GeM – Hospitality, Travel and Accommodation bookings etc.
- Digital GeM Stall to resolve queries on the spot and facilitate in Registration (Buyers & Sellers)
- Digital B2B and B2G Meetings between GeM Buyers and Sellers
- Digital Exhibitions of Various Products and Services by Sellers
- Dive Sessions: Talk / Presentations by Buyers and Sellers